Tustin Unified Hosts Magnet/Thematic Programs Night
- November 20, 2019
- Posted by: Cuselleration
- Category: News
The Tustin Unified School District will host its first annual Magnet/Thematic Programs Night for prospective elementary, middle and high school families. The event will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 3, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Columbus Tustin Middle School Activity Center, 17952 Beneta Way, Tustin.
Tustin Unified is offering magnet/thematic programs focused on various areas of interest. As a complement to traditional course work, magnet/thematic programs provide students with an innovative learning experience while allowing them to pursue their unique interests. These programs include:
- Kindergarten Readiness at various school sites (PreK)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) at Heritage Elementary School (grades TK-5)
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) at Tustin Memorial Academy (K-5)
- Global, Media Arts & Communication (including Spanish Dual Immersion) at Sycamore Magnet Academy (TK-8)
- Pre-International Baccalaureate Magnet at Columbus Tustin Middle School (6-8)
- Blended Learning at Tustin Connect (K-12)
- Technology, Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship (TIDE) at Legacy Magnet Academy (6-12); opening grades 6-9 in fall 2020
The event will begin with a welcome and overview, and then parents will have the opportunity to attend up to three breakout sessions hosted by the specific school programs they are most interested in. No RSVP is required to attend the meeting.
For more information regarding the Magnet/Thematic Programs Night, contact Mark Eliot, Director of Communications and Public Information, at (714) 730-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All thematic program schools will hold school tours for prospective interested parents in January (dates to be announced). This will be a great opportunity for parents to visit their school(s) of interest in person.
In order to attend a thematic/magnet school program in the 2020-21 school year, parents must apply through the TUSD transfer process. Transfer applications are available online at www.tustin.k12.ca.us for parents to apply. If you need assistance with applying online, visit the Student Transfer Office, 14741 North B Street, Tustin. The transfer window will open on Monday, Jan. 13, and close on Friday, Jan. 31. Applicants will then be notified by email as to the status of their application. If you have any questions, contact the Transfer Office by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (714) 730-7301, ext. 51317.