School Facilities Summer Projects Move Forward
- June 19, 2018
- Posted by: Cuselleration
- Category: News
The Tustin Unified School District staff is managing or directly performing over 100 maintenance and construction projects across 29 schools this summer. Most work will be completed over the summer break and a few will continue into the new school year, according to Senior Director of Maintenance and Operations David Miranda.
“Each respective project varies in scope and complexity and ranges from a few hundred dollars to about $1 million for improvements at Robert Heideman Elementary School,” Miranda said.
The maintenance work includes:
- Carpet replacement at Arroyo, Beswick, Heideman and Hicks Canyon elementary schools.
- Perimeter fencing at Arroyo, Benson, Nelson, Thorman and Tustin Memorial Academy elementary schools; Currie Middle School; and Hillview High School.
- Exterior painting at Hillview High School.
- Playground replacement at Ladera, Myford, Nelson, Peters Canyon and Tustin Ranch elementary schools.
- Slurry and striping at Heritage, Hicks Canyon, Ladera and Myford elementary schools; Orchard Hills School; and Beckman, Foothill, Hillview and Tustin high schools.
Solar work across 15 TUSD school sites is also moving ahead with the majority of carports and shade structures now complete and a few remaining sites scheduled for completion this summer.
The new two-story classroom building at Robert Heideman Elementary School is also on track for completion and will open to staff and students to start the school year in August.